Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Epic

Epic films


Epic films since they started caught on with a huge impact on film making. Today the minimun of what an epic film had to be (70+ minutes) is actually quite short. Films since the 1910s began growing and this has continued to out times. Religious films are the longest I can think of and I can say I personally hate them. When I lived in mexico city I attended a catholic school (not my choice) and one time they made us watch a horrible 3 hour and 45 minute movie about the Ten commandments.



Although, just as in everything, there are ups and downs along the way. And in fact, I love long movies, so long as they are either entertaining, interesting, or at least don't make me sleepy. And I can perfectly fit in here an irony because, I love silent cinema, I'm very keen on them but no matter what it is, it almost always makes me sleepy; yet I love them.





No comments:

Post a Comment