Saturday, February 2, 2013

Natural design

Art Nouveau


    • Germany
The german more 'somber' designs and patterns are very amazing but I don't think they would've worked, except for monuments and tombs like Obrist did, because not too many people would like to live in a place like that, and also, because of the shapes, the interior would be limited.

















    • France
Mucha's designs and posters are very interesting, although, some of them are a bit too colorful for me. Also the patters are very good and there should be, in my opinion, more patterning and less person.

I didn't like at all Lalique's designs but Galles are amazing. I would love to have those vases in my house, they are very beautiful and I love the colors. I like the way it is almost abstract and the way you hardly notice the mountains in the Engraved crystal vase. I actually can't decide between one of them so I would have them both.






















As for furniture, I loved Vallin and Guimard's desks, not so much the chairs, but I do like very much the desks, especially Vallin's because it sort of flows and it look very old and scary. I looks like it was made by a single piece of wood.







    • Belgium
Horta's building are just so amazing I was stunned at that stairway and the museum. I want to be there in person so badly because I know it will look much more amazing. I might take some ideas from those hotels to build my house in the future, if I have the dough of course.







    • Catalunya
One of the places I have always wanted to go is The sagrada familia in barcelona. It is just astonishing to look at in pictures and videos and to see that it person must be overwhelming. The beautiful roof and the desing are just too much, it doens't seem real. 



Gaudi's work should have a movement of his own. Maybe it was around that time and was influeced and so on but he was great and had differences like no other.



Chicago School

William LeBaron Jenney's buildings don't give much to talk about or react to, except from the big achievement and leap forward they were by moving with the times and starting to use metal as frames for the entire building and also to make them very tall.

All of the building are very boxy and symmetric so maybe a little uninteresting.









No comments:

Post a Comment